6061 is a good, general purpose aluminum alloy with magnesium and silicon as its alloying elements. 6061 has the highest resistance to corrosion of all the heat treated aluminums, but strength is lower. 6061 has a wide range of mechanical properties and is readily machined and has good forming properties. 6061 welds easily, has excellent joining characteristics, and good acceptance to anodizing and other applied coatings. Electrical conductivity is 40% of copper.
Note: These are raw pieces of sheet metal intended to be machined, and may have small surface blemishes, scratches, or printing.
- Tensile Strength (PSI): 45,000
- Yield Strength (PSI): 40,000
- Shear Strength (PSI): 31,000
- Elongation in 2": 12
- Brinell Hardness: 95
- Cut Tolerance: +/- 1/4 in
- Dimensions: 12 in × 12 in
- Form: Sheet
- Material: Aluminum
- Thickness Tolerance: +/- 0.0150 in
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.