VCarve Pro is a complete software solution for CNC routing, sign making and engraving. This is the software many professional sign shops and fabricators use. While the software can import your designs from other programs, it also contains a complete all the tools needed to create your designs right in the program.
The program can create all the typical tool paths you would need such as profiling, pocketing, drilling. It also has high level sign making tool paths, such as v carving, prism carving, fluting and texturing. You have complete control of the tool paths with tool libraries, feeds, spindle speeds, step overs and depth per pass options. The tool paths can be simulated in natural materials and colors to provide customer ready renderings before cutting.
This software is NOT Mac-compatible.
Note: This software is a physical USB stick. There is no download option available at the time of purchase. Once you register the license, the software can be dowloaded from the Vectric website.
- Complete set of 2D design and layout tools
- Layer control, guide lines, snap grid
- True shape nesting maximizes material usage minimizing waste
- Text editing + single line engraving fonts
- File import – DWG, DXF, EPS, AI, PDF
- Image file import – BMP, JPG, TIF, GIF
- Vectorize images to create vectors for machining
- Robust V-carving
- Raised 3D prism machining
- Auto-inlays with multiple options
- 3D random texturing toolpath
- 2D profiling with interactive tabs / bridges, lead and ramp options
- Pocketing with optimization for 2 cutters
- Drilling with option for peck drilling
- Beveled letters
- Custom molding and form cutters
- Wrapped rotary axis machining
- Multi-color toolpath previews
With a purchase you are entitled to any major release within 12 months of the purchase date. Minor version such as 9.5 are always free to customers with the same major version.
Note: See the attachments section of this page for a Shapeoko/grbl post processor that allows this program to generate G-Code optimized for the Shapeoko routers.
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista & Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 with 2Gb RAM
- 2 Ghz multi Core CPU
- 200 Mb disk space (program)
- DVD drive required for Media DVD if purchased
- 7.7 Gb additional disk space required if you wish to store the tutorials and clipart supplied, on your hard drive
- 1024 × 768 graphics display
- A PDF reader program (such as Adobe PDF Reader) is required to read the documentation
We have verified that VCarve Desktop works with the 500mm, 750mm and 1000mm X-Carve. If you would like to try the software with your machine before purchasing, we encourage you to download the Free Trial Version.