The TinyG is a hardware and firmware project that is a multiple-axis motion control system. It is designed for small CNC applications and other applications that require highly controllable motion control. TinyG is meant to be a complete embedded solution for small/medium motor control.
- Up to 6 axis (XYZ + ABC rotational axes) control with drivers for 4 axes on board.
- Working Voltage: 12-30VDC (24 is Ideal)
- Stepper drivers can deliver up to 2.5 amp per winding.
- Selectable micro-stepping up to 1/8.
- Acceleration planning performed using constant jerk motion equations (3rd order S curves) for very smooth and fast motion transitions for lines and arcs
- Full, integrated motion control system with embedded microcontroller (Atmel ATxmega192) and 4 stepper motor drivers (TI DRV8818) integrated on a ~4 inch square board
- Accepts Gcode from USB port and interprets it locally on the board
- Easily upgraded by the user with a few commands through the USB port.
- RoHS compliant.
TinyG is open source. The documentation can be found here.