My family spends a lot of time in the kitchen, and I wanted to put one of our Google Minis there — but I didn’t want it sitting on the counter where it could get wet. After some thought, I decided that the mount I wanted should:
This is what I’ve come up with. The test version I cut from a piece of scrap oak I had on hand has been working successfully for the last week and a half. When I get the chance, I plan on booking some time on the Carvey at my local Makerspace to get one cut out of Maple.
I used a 1/8" downcut bit for the cut – which left the bottom of the through cuts fuzzy, requiring a little light filing. A compression bit would be better. Settings were left at recommended.
The width of the ‘X’ crossbars on the base will need to be adjusted to the exact depth of the wood you are using so that the supporting hooks will fit nicely.
Glue the hooks in place, with the supporting end either up or down, depending on if you want to hang it from the bottom of the outlet, or extend off the top.
The mount is designed to have the cord wind around the base, using the clips included for additional control.
The 21 minute estimated completion time means that it takes longer for the glue to dry than to carve it.